Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas thoughts of 5 year old

Lights off means daddy is out of town
Shawn was in Paris so I put Christmas lights up this year. Not sure if this would have happened if Shawn was in town or not, since Shawn is not a big fan of putting up lights. love ya Shawn:-) 2 weeks ago Ryan asked me why we didn't put a lot of lights on the house and I told him that "Daddy was in Out of town (Paris) so mommy has to put the lights up this year". Last night we passed by one of his favorite houses that has the "Grinch" set up. The lights weren't on, so he told me mommy their lights on not on, I guess their Daddy is out of town.

How can Santa being watching me if I can't see him.

Mommy - "Ryan, you need to be good since Santa is watching" (I love Christmas time, since I can play this card)
Ryan - "Mommy, how can Santa watch me if I can't see him"
Mommy - First thought was - good question. Then I explained this drawn out explanation about Jesus and Santa and how we both can't see them, etc. I hope still convinced his logical mind:-)

No comments: