Ryan and Jordan are getting really excited about Christmas this year.
Ryan at religious education classes learned about the St. Nick tradition with the shoes. In his class they all left their shoes at in the hall and then later they checked and their was a treat in their shoes. Ryan thought this was just the coolest thing ever.
So, last night Ryan without telling any of us, starts laying out each one of our shoes by the Christmas tree. I ask Ryan. What are you doing? He said putting out our shoes for St. Nick to put something in them. I ofcourse die laughing and look at Shawn thinking - crap we need to find something to put in the shoes tonight. After the kids go to bed, I start looking through drawers trying to find something to regift. Since I am tired and don't want to go out at 9pm to get something! ha! I am thinking the kids won't pick up on this.
The next morning the kids find a two pencils and some stickers I found. Ryan gets all excited. Jordan says - wow, this is the same pencil that I already have! I am thinking on no...then I say. Well now Jordan you have two! Shawn says to Jordan - Jordan where is the other one. Ofcourse, I am laughing and saying shutup Shawn all at the same time. So funny.
Another tradition we started was the elf on the shelf. My Aunt Ozzie sent it to the kids. Basically this elf sits on a shelf throughout the house and then every night it goes to see Santa Claus. It then lands back in another place in the house and each morning the kids have to find him. Ryan things this is the coolest thing ever, but is asking lots of questions like how does he get up there and does he have batteries? He keeps telling me to check the back of it to make sure it doesn't need any. Ryan also names him Charlie. Jordan on the other hand is scared to death. She is worried this thing is going to come into her room while she is sleeping and now wants to sleep with me. I finally convince her that he won't come upstairs and that she can sleep with Ryan to protect her. This morning the first thing they do is go look for Charlie. Very fun.
1 comment:
The shoe thing sounds like a lot of work if they keep putting them down there every night! A friend of my sisters got her one of those Elf-On-A-Shelf. Her friend said the best part is that she tells them that if the kids are naughty then the Elf won't move, he'll stay in the same spot, so they have to be good for him to move each night. Then the kids get excited seeing that the Elf has moved each night. Then she tells us how they would forget to move it sometimes and the kids would start asking questions about what they did wrong and they would have to make up some crazy answers!
Post a Comment